Friday, May 9, 2008

Et tu, Sen. Dodd; Fie! Sen. Leahy

Et tu, Sen. Dodd
When I taught at Westminster School in Simsbury in the early '70s, I never thought I would feel such shame to be a Democrat.

As the first female faculty member paid half as much as my husband for identical duties (tho I was a much better teacher), I thought we had GOTTEN SOMEWHERE by now in my beloved America.

To hear you try to get our first woman candidate for president of the United States to quit -- I am enraged and dismayed.

I didn't hear you crying out for fairness for older women in the Iowa Caucuses when they were forbidden the Absentee Ballot, their only way to participate because they are deathly afraid to slip and fall if they go out to a caucus.

I used to be such a fan of yours as a sensible national figure for Democrats. I am ashamed of you for the deplorable disrespect you show to the aspirations of so many women in this country crushed by bad health and an unfair economy. Hillary is our champion.
[email Sen. Dodd ]
///
3-29-08 2:34:57 pm
Fie! The Caucuses are The Big Lie .. Sen. Leahy
JFK was murdered on my 19th birthday. I have been a fervent Democrat ever since. Now I am so sad and ashamed for us.

Senator Leahy, I think of all the years I spent in Hardwick in the remote Northeast Kingdom of Vermont teaching middle school. I am ashamed that you would callously suggest that our first woman candidate in history just quit. What gall and narrowsightedness.

Why didn't you step up to insist on absentee ballots in the Caucus States if you really meant "the will of the people." Every 8th volunteer phone call of several thousand I made got me "Oh, no, honey, I can't caucus. I'm a cripple. If I can't get my body there, I don't count."

No ride can help an older woman who doesn't dare go out to caucus because of her terrible fear of falling. Fie. As a superdelegate you should cry out against this deplorable anti-democratic Caucus Skew.
[email Sen. Leahy ]
contact caucusdebacle@gmail.com
first posted 03.29.08

No comments: