Wednesday, May 21, 2008

By my Life & Sacred Honor - Count the Votes!


Dear Superdelegate,

If I lost my vote, it would be an amputation. Suppose it was YOUR vote which was chosen not to count? I can't bear to think about it. It would break my heart & my very belief in what I thought it meant to be an American.


By my Life & Sacred Honor, I never imagined that votes would be suppressed on such a massive scale with the indifference of my beloved Democratic Party. Since JFK was shot down on my 19th birthday, I've fought for the only equality we are guaranteed in our America -- one voice, one vote.

The VOTERS in FL & MI are blameless. They are citizens whose ONLY voice is their vote. I tremble to think that my Democrats would not fight tooth & claw to count all the votes.

I'm within an inch of feeling completely abandoned by my Democratic Party. Apparently the suppressed votes of housebound & bedbound older women who were forbidden Absentee Ballots in Caucus States don't matter? And we'll just burn the books -- I mean the votes -- of many Florida & Michigan voters' precious votes? If the Republicans were doing this, we'd call it a Mockery of Democracy.

I beg you to count every FL & MI vote or to re-vote.

Sincerely,

..contact caucusdebacle@gmail.com

No comments: