Friday, May 9, 2008

"If I Can't Be There In My Body, I Don't Count"

comment on Katharine Q. Seelye NYT
Clinton’s persistence

The so-called Math will be re-understood when The Greatest Story Ever Untold finally gets seriously reported by some smart reporter who loves actual democracy.

Suppose you and the non-lemming among the superdelegates knew that 15% of Hillary's voters in Caucus States had been cheated of their rightful share of pledged delegates & popular votes?

Every 8th volunteer phone call I made into Caucus State after Caucus State got me a Hillary voter who said, "Oh, no, honey, I don't dare caucus, I'm off-balance." No ride would help these folk who do not go out. The will of the people? The will of (healthy) people, apparently.

In Texas, Hillary was +4 in the primary and -12 in the caucus on the same day! A 16% swing! Suppose we had only seen the caucus results as in Iowa etc? It's the Absentee Ballot, Dumbish Folks!

Why do you think that 28% of Hillary's voters say they'll sit out November? Not because they aren’t fiercely loyal lifelong Democrats. Because they have been silenced, disappeared. THEY know that this pledged delegate & popular vote count is malarkey. THEY weren't counted. The Caucus Debacle is an appalling anti-democracy scandal. It is exactly the kind of injustice that the non-lemming superdelegates were designed to account for.

If you’d heard person after person lament, “If I can’t be there in my body, I don’t count,” you’d demand & plead that they have a say in the superdelegates’ thinking. Where are their pledged delegates and popular vote? Why does no one speak up for them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear nothing in the media about this. Very good luck on penetrating into what is really puffed gossip by the too-highly paid to bother reporting much. There's got to be one reporter who sees how big this story is in a democracy.