Friday, May 9, 2008

The Mockery of Democracy --

Memo to Geoff Garin

Geoff -- THANK you so much for asking!

Please tell the superdelegates that CAUCUSES ARE A MOCKERY OF DEMOCRACY for hundreds & hundreds of thousands of older women particularly. Lorna, "No, dear, I don't dare caucus, I'm off-balance." I have the Greatest Story Ever Untold about this election. Suppose (non-lemming) superdelegates knew that Hillary's older women voters were hugely cheated of their rightful share of pledged delegates and popular votes by a shameful 15% CAUCUS SKEW?

In Texas we see the final evidence: plus 4 for Hillary's voters in the primary & minus 12 in the caucus on the same day. A 16% swing! This ratifies my numbers from making 2400 volunteer calls for Hillary. Every 8th call in a caucus state got me Vera, "Oh no honey, I can't caucus, I'm a cripple. If I can't be there in my body, I don't count." Ruth, "Just because I'm sick doesn't mean I can't think."

Geoff, there is an epidemic of older women whose voices, whose votes were silenced, disappeared by the deplorable No-Absentee-Ballots Caucus Skew. The Will of the People? Which people? The Will of (Only the Healthy) People? This Caucus Scandal is rotten in our democratic soul. It is exactly this kind of hidden & hideous injustice that superdelegates were designed to account for in their thinking. Do they really want "the true popular vote" taken into account?

I don't sleep, Geoff, trying frantically to get this huge story out -- a story which will change the dynamic of the superdelegates. Please listen. I have much more detail.

Thank you for all you do. We can sleep on Nov 5.
///
contact caucusdebacle@gmail.com
END OF POST. THERE IS NO MORE

No comments: