Saturday, May 10, 2008

Had To Quit You, Keith


Once Dear Mr.Olbermann,

I had to quit you, Keith. I watched several hundreds of your shows over the years with respect and glee. Thus I am crushed by your essentially ceaseless snide often vicious putative ‘reporting’ about Hillary.

The final straw was when you gave a full and breathless hour to Mr.Obama when you thought only he had had his passport peered at. The 60 minutes of baby-kissing Obama-ad B-roll that ran while you spittle-spewingly declared how The Constitution was Being Violated and Hillary-Supporting-Fanged-Aliens were about to land was projectile-vomit inducing.

Then the next night when it turned out that Hillary’s passport had been sneaked into as well, your outrage deflated to – well, zero. I was sickened.

I’ve tried to check in randomly to see if you’ve learned anything about the ugliness of misogyny, but every time I try, you and Rachel Madow or Richard Wolffe are snarking away at Hillary like hyenas.

I suggest you watch one whole show of yours alone in the comfort of your dwelling and see if you can’t see how oppressive and depressing it is to see your relentless unfairness and graceless nastiness.

In sorrow,
contact info
cc phil.griffin@nc.com; steve.capus@nbc.com
====
(re the intelligensia's Severe ObamaSwoon Syndrome: "The infatuations of the sensual and frivolous part of mankind are amazing; but the infatuations of the learned and sophistical are incomparably more so.” --I. Taylor from 1913 Websters).

contact caucusdebacle@gmail.com

4 comments:

Chancelucky said...

The whole passport scandal shouldn't be a Hillary vs. Obama thing....it seems to me that it's a George W. Bush thing. I can't imagine what's going to be found once we get actual access to the various ways business was done in the W administration.

wfleet said...

Thanks for the visit, cl. I agree re the passports themselves. My concern here is the slavering misogynist anti-Hillary venom of Mr. Olbermann. I guess we're in the post-journalism world now. Who cares about journalism? Snark in journalism clothing seems the sickening name of the current (grotesque) game.

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, I disdained the Reptilian assertion that there was this blindered 'liberal' media cabal. Well, whew. As perhaps the most sensibly progressive person living, I am ruthlessly tasered by the rank misogyny on Matthews and Olbermann. (98% of the time they only had on men and women willing to savage Hillary. They sit in panels of judgment, apparently posh & fastidious, but it's sickeningly medieval -- virtual torture, dismemberment, with blood dripping from their colgate-whitened fangs. I've been stunned.)

Not one time did I hear one word about, say, her stupendous practical vision for a Green Future with the Moon Shot level of challenge & commitment. Luckily she's brave, gallant, a born champion of the trodden-upon. But the Media twisted history to a detriment which will echo down the generations to come.

Not one word about all the housebound older women in the caucus states whose votes were disappeared (No Absentee Ballots Allowed in Caucus States) and not seen in the pledged delegates and popular votes. (16% disappeared in TX.) There IS real journalism to be done, but not by Keith or Chris.

Alessandro Machi said...

I too can no longer Stand Keith Blab on & on.